Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An Important Tutorial

No offense but unfortunately I'm back and I have to inform everyone before they make the same mistakes I made and end up as baked pancakes. World! This is important, so pay attention!

This is a tutorial on how to switch the 'contact information' from one Sony Ericsson* phone to another and vice versa. This info is also utmost important to people with Nokia/LG/Samsung phones. Now the things we require are listed as follows.

Two Computers (A and B) geographically at least 12 KMS apart. (Geeks/Nerds should not cry out to heavens that this could be done with one PC only, I know how its done that way, so chill you losers, get a life! Note: This is supposed to be funny)
One SE USB data cable.
SE PC Suite Software.
Two SE cell phones. (C1 and C2)

Here we go ...

Install the PC Suite on A.
Back up contacts from C1 to A.
Do not check if all the contact info is properly backed up.
Delete all contacts from C1.
Head to B.
Install the PC Suite on B.
Since B is slow, restart (Hard Boot) B for this to work.
Back up contacts from C2 to B.
Check this time if the info has been backed up correctly.
Since B is slow, restart (Hard Boot) B again for this to work.
Connect C1 and restore the contact info from B into it.
Check if C1 has all the info that C2 had before.
Head out towards A.
Now delete all contacts from C2.
Connect C2 to A.
Copy the backed up information from A to C2.
Realize it quickly, that you have lost half of your contacts from C1.
Desperately search for an old DVD with your contact information back up.
Pop-in the DVD and voila !
Restore some of the info which was lost.
Dont Panic !

See the point is that it doesnt matter if the whole process and/or the plan is working or not. It doesnt matter if I'm desperate or not. It doesnt matter if the USB cable is loose or if the PC is slow. It doesnt matter if anybody is doing anything or not. All that matters is that the contact transfer process is a small tiny thing which should work. If its not working, then some little thing is wrong somewhere. I have an inherent urge to fix such issues right there and then, and I swear to God that I will not back out or give up in midway. I will fix this thing and get it working anyhow. Just because its supposed to work fine. I am not a quitter, and I will not quit. Not now, not ever. It is more than just a contacts transfer or an ego issue. Its a problem, which I know how to solve, and hence I will solve it. :)

And in the end, as we all know, this story came to a happy ending. The contact info was transferred successfully. :)

And I just saved the world from calamity.

No comments: